The Apple iPhone 5 release date is September 14 for pre-orders. The phone will be available on September 21, the U.S., Canada, UK, Germany, France, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore.
The iPhone looks similar to the iPhone 4S, but the slightly larger size and new features listed below are breathtaking. Prices range from $ 199 for a 16GB and $ 399 for a 64 GB. This makes the iPhone 4 down to $ 99 with a contract and iPhone 4 free with a contract.
See slideshow: Apple iPhone 5 photos
The much awaited press conference began at 1:00 pm in San Francisco, with Tim Cook gives the press a first look at the features of the new iPhone. Apple CEO calls it an “absolute gem”.
The following are some key facts about the iPhone 5:
- Prices: $ 199 for 16 GB, $ 299 for 32 GB. $ 399 for 64GB with contract.
- 7.6 mm thick, 18% less than before. 112 g, 20% lighter than before.
- The Retina display with 326ppi is now 4 and has a resolution of 1136 x 640.
- Battery: 8 hours of 3G talk time, 8 hours 3G browsing, 8 hours of LTE browsing, 10 hours WiFi browsing, 10 hours of video, music 40hrs, standby 225hrs.
- Camera: 8 megapixel backlit, hybrid IR filter, 5 element lens and f/2.4 aperture.
- New camera function: Panorama – Sweep the scene with the iPhone 5 in vertical, and takes a 28-megapixel image.
- Video: Full HD 1080p with improved stabilization.
- Movies showing in 16:9 and no saturation of 44% more color.
- Five rows of icons now, and shortcuts below.
- iWork has been updated, and iMovie and Garage Band.
- Utrafast Wireless, LTE, DC-HSDPA, HSPA +, HSPA, EVDO, EDGE and GPRS. LTE is maximized to 100 Mbps, DC-HSDPA at 42Mbps.
- A single pill and a single radio, dynamic antenna can “automatically change antenna connections”
- In the U.S., the iPhone 5 will be compatible with AT & T, Verizon and Sprint, all with LTE.
- The iPhone 5 has a new chipset, the A6. 22% smaller but more powerful.
- The iPhone 5 has two channels WiFi a / b / g / n with 150Mbps.
- In Canada, Rogers, Telus, Bell, Fido, Virgin. Deutsche Telekom U.S. and in Europe, as well as O2, SFR, Vodafone, Swisscom, Telefonica.
- New connector called “Ray”. All digital, 8-signal design, with an adaptive interface, durability. The connector is completely reversible. Apple has an adapter to make your old accessories continue to work with the iPhone 5.
- Improvements to Safari as part of the upgrade of the suit the new screen with a full screen view and the ability to share desktop tabs Tabs call using iCloud.
- Browsing through the new Maps application.
- The new iPhone has a search engine of over 100 meters attractions Yelp integration card information and instructions Siri voice.
Pre-order the iPhone 5 on September 14 and sent on September 21 in the U.S., Canada, UK, Germany, France, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Shipping after starting in 22 additional countries on 28 September, and 20 countries in October.
Will you be pre-ordering the iPhone 5 on September 14, 2012?